Radul-bey’s Konak

Location: Zaječar
National museum Zaječar
Dragoslava Srejovića 2
19000 Zaječar

Radul-bey’s Konak (lodging) is located in the centre of the city of Zaječar, in Ljuba Nešić Street. It represents one of the monuments of Oriental architecture in this area. It was built in the late 18th century and belonged to an unknown Turkish bey. After the liberation of Timok Krajina in 1833 it was bought up by a merchant Radul Gligorijević after whom the building got its name. It was completely renovated in 1975. There is a permanent exhibition upstairs, and on the ground floor of this building is a gallery which, besides art exhibitions, also houses selling exhibitions of sculptures and handicraft items as well as literary evenings and book promotions. The premises of Radul-bey’s Konak are a popular place for gathering of young people.